Saturday, October 24, 2009

I Fear You




I fear to gaze into your eyes
For within them, I see myself
Drowning.
Being pulled down deep
Deep into the dark doldrums of love
Where there is no wind
No wind to fill the sails of my sinking ship
And I'll not bother to man the oars and sail free
Why sail free?
For I would live and drown within you.

I fear to listen to your lips
From them I see myself
Addicted
Hopelessly fiending for more
More of the sweet narcotic whispers that drip from them
And there is no synthetic
No synthetic to ease me off wanting you
And I'll not look for cures
Why cure this?
For I am content to be enslaved to you.

I fear to feel your touch
For it causes me to see myself
Imprisoned
Behind bars and glass
Bound within the silky chains of your arms
Which has no key
No key to unlock your gentle hold upon me
And I'll not try to pick the lock to escape
Why escape?
I'd willfully serve life, confined within you.

I fear your heart most of all
For within it I see myself
Missing
You'll not allow me inside
I'll never quite reach there
There in the warmth and glow of your love
And seemingly there is no entry
Not door nor window to climb my way in
And I still endeavor to try
Why try?
For I fear to be without you.

(The following poetry was conceived and written by Joseph Spicer. I'd prefer none of it to be reproduced without due credit-AT LEAST, if not PERMISSION- to -and from- the author)

his a friend of mine and i love what he wrote about fearing on someone we love.....i hate to admit but i do feel the same way too..

No comments: